Position is not available anymore.
Department of Automatics, Biocybernetics, and Robotics, Humanoid and Cognitive robotics Lab is looking for a new researcher with background in electrical engineering, computer science, mechatronics, mathematics or physics for research in the area of robot skill learning in the frame of EU project ReconCycle, which is coordinated by JSI.
The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary environment with state-of-the-art robotic systems. His/her research will include international collaboration and possibility to work with industrial users of advanced robot technologies.
Description of the position:
• Research and implementation of advanced machine learning algorithms for effective programming of robot skills.
• Implementation of robotic disassembly of electronic products in a reconfigurable workcell.
• University degree at the MSc or PhD level in natural or technical sciences (electrical engineering, computer sciences, mechatronics, mathematics or physics).
• Good knowledge of programming languages and systems (e.g., C/C++, Python, Matlab, …).
• Prior knowledge of robotics is an advantage but isn’t strictly necessary.
• Diligence, good work ethics, ability to think independently.
• Full-time employment for 3,5 years.
• Funding of PhD studies (if not a postdoctoral position).
• Ability to visit and collaborate with JSI research partners in Europe and worldwide.
To apply and for additional information please contact:
+386 1 477 3142
Jožef Stefan Institute
Department of Automatics, Biocybernetics, and Robotics